Students and parents are hereby advised that
email to Teachers may not necessarily be reviewed
outside of school hours.
Typhoon Team RSS Feed
- Teacher Contact Information
- Team Policies
Welcome to the Typhoon page!
Important Dates to know:
(dates subject to change)
Personal Project Presentations in English class last week of May
Move-up Day June 5th
Ancient Egypt Museum parents visit June 5th (times to be determined)
Last Day of School June 21st (half day)
The weather is getting warmer. Please review the handbook for the dress code. Thanks!
Parents: if you could have your child write their full name on their water bottles we would be very happy. We have some lost water bottles.
Class expectations can be found on the document tab.
Study guides are on the document tab.
Homework sheet is on the document tab. Scroll down to find it.
Mrs. Angela Fitzgerald (Language Arts) firstname.lastname@example.org
Extra help: Wednesday mornings
Mrs. Jennifer Maurice (Geography) email@example.com
Extra help: Tuesday mornings (here many mornings for quick questions)
Mrs. Heather Noon (Science) firstname.lastname@example.org
Extra help: Thursday mornings
Extra help: Monday afternoon and other afternoons by appointment
Mrs. Kathleen Wallace (Math) email@example.com
Extra Help: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday mornings (which class varies by week)
- Homework should be written in the student's assignment notebook
- Homework will be listed on line under the documents folder
Daily Homework Policy:
- Assignments turned in the day (in class) they are due will receive up to full credit.
- Assignments turned in one day late may receive up to half credit.
- When homework is reviewed in class, it cannot be turned in for credit.
- Assignments turned in two days late will receive no credit.
Long term homework and projects may be graded in a different manner.
- It is expected that students do their own work. If students cheat or plagiarize, whether intentionally or not, will be addressed by the administration according to the LMS handbook.
- In addition, please refer to individual subject syllabi.
Oops! You Missed an Assignment!
Teachers will stamp the assignment not completed in the notebook and/or students will fill out Oops sheet explaining the reason for the incomplete assignment.
- Parents should check the Parent Portal to know if your child is keeping up with homework. Teachers update portal every two weeks.
The Assignment Notebook!
Organization is key in middle school! Helping your child stay organized is the best way to make this transition successful.
- The Assignment Notebook should travel with your child to every class, every day.
- Your child should write their homework in all classes down in their Assignment Notebooks EVERY DAY.
¨ HW is written in a designated spot in every classroom.
¨ Students are given time in the beginning of each class to write down their assignments.
¨ As parents you should check that your child is writing down their homework every day!
If the assignment notebook is lost, you can purchase a new one for $5 from the 6th grade office.
Everyone Makes Mistakes:
Possible consequences for inappropriate classroom behavior may include one of the following:
¨ Being sent to hall for timeout
¨ Lunch detention
¨ Parent contact
¨ After school detention
¨ Referral to housemaster
LMS Absent Policy:
¨ Attendance is an essential part of the learning process in middle school.
¨ During any quarter, a student may accrue 5 unexcused absences before he/she will earn an academic failure for that quarter.
¨ Three unexcused tardies will equal one absence.
¨ Please send in a doctor’s note whenever possible after your child is absent.
All teachers offer extra help sessions.
- Special Education: Monday 2:45 - 3:30 or by appointment
- Math: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays 7:20 A.M. Check homework website for specifics
- Language Arts: Wednesdays 7:20 A.M. or by appointment
- Science: Tuesdays 7:20 A.M. or by appointment
- Geography: Thursday 7:30 A.M. or by appointment
**PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS NO LATE BUS AND STUDENTS MUST BE PICKED UP BY 3:30 P.M. Please utilize these sessions!!!
Typhoon Ticket System:
We on the Typhoon team have a special reward system to recognize and motivate our kids to be better students! Students can earn tickets for behaviors that are above and beyond what is expected of them as individuals on a daily basis. These tickets are collected each month and a GEMS drawing is held. Students whose names are drawn have the opportunity to choose from a selection of prizes.
Files marked ".pdf" require Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Files marked ".doc" require MS Word.
Files Marked ".ppt" require MS PowerPoint.
Rich Text Files ".rtf" will open on any computer.